Improving Lives through Urban Programs
The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service educates Texans in the areas of agriculture, environmental stewardship, youth and adult life skills, human capital and leadership, and community economic development. Extension offers the knowledge resources of the land-grant university system to educate Texans for self-improvement, individual action and community problem solving. AgriLife Extension is a statewide educational agency and a member of the Texas A&M System (TAMUS) linked in a unique partnership with the nationwide Cooperative Extension System and Texas County governments. Extension values and promotes principles of citizen and community involvement, scientifically based education, lifelong learning and volunteerism. It provides access to citizens in all 254 Texas counties and works cooperatively with other TAMUS parts and external agencies and organizations to achieve its goals.
We envision AgriLife Extension as Texas’ most significant and effective vehicle for outreach education and community and statewide problem solving related to agriculture, the environment and practical issues impacting the life quality of Texans into the 21st century. We will be increasingly efficient through the use of advanced communication technologies. We will be a major catalyst for leveraging public and private resources through cooperative efforts and coalitions, and we will be focused on education for individual and community self-help to address critical needs. We see Extension as dedicated to fulfilling its land-grand university mandate in the context of a rapidly changing society.
Through education, the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service will:
- Improve the stewardship of the environment and Texas’ natural resources.
- Help Texans take more responsibility for improving their health, safety, productivity and well-being.
- Promote the intellectual and social growth, responsibility, productivity and self-motivation of youths.
- Build individual and family capacity for self-help, problem prevention, stability and economic security.
- Promote, organize and educate citizen leadership and groups to resolve societal issues and concerns.
- Enhance the productivity, profitability, sustainability, global competitiveness and job-generating capacity of Texas’ agricultural industry.
View Success Stories…